Your Leader in Indoor Air Quality Testing – Buffalo NY
Should you be concerned about air quality in your home?
According to the EPA,”
Indoor air quality
is one of the top five environmental health risks of our time”.
EPA Information on Indoor Air Quality:
- Indoor air is often 100 times more polluted than outdoor air
- There are many pollutant sources that can be trapped inside your home
- People can become sensitized to biological and chemical pollutants after repeated exposures
- Asthma has increased over 100% in the past decade and is linked to poor indoor air quality
- Inadequate ventilation can increase indoor pollutant levels
Poor Air Quality and Potential Health Risks
Poor indoor air quality conditions can seriously complicate the lives of anyone suffering from skin issues, allergies, asthma and other breathing problems,symptoms. This isn’t just a nuisance…it’s unhealthy! For children and adults that suffer from asthma or allergies, these conditions can seriously increase the severity of their symptoms.
“It is estimated that most people spend 60 to 90% of their time indoors. The American College of allergists states that 50% of all illness is either caused or aggravated by polluted indoor air.”
According to the department of Consumer Affairs, children are most affected by polluted air. They breathe faster, inhale more air per unit of body weight and are closer to the ground, where the concentrations of pollutants are higher.
In addition to health risks, the air flow restrictions are likely to increase already high utility bills.
EnviroTech serves customers in the Buffalo, Tonawanda & Getzville, NY areas with professional indoor air quality services.