Your Leader in Indoor Air Quality Testing – Rochester NY
Why be concerned about air quality in your home?
The EPA states “
Indoor air quality
is one of the top five environmental health risks of our time”.
EPA Information on Indoor Air Quality:
- There are many pollutant sources that can be trapped inside your home
- Indoor air is often 100 times more polluted than outdoor air
- Asthma has increased over 100% in the past decade and is linked to poor indoor air quality
- People can become sensitized to biological and chemical pollutants after repeated exposures
- Inadequate ventillation can increase indoor pollutant levels
Potential Health Risks of Poor Air Quality
For people of all ages that suffer from skin issues, allergies, asthma and other breathing problems, poor indoor air quality conditions can seriously increase the severity of their symptoms. This isn’t just a nuisance…it’s unhealthy! For children and adults that suffer from allergies or asthma these conditions can seriously increase the severity of their symptoms.
“It is estimated that most people spend 60 to 90% of their time indoors. The American College of allergists states that 50% of all illness is either caused or aggravated by polluted indoor air.”
According to the department of Consumer Affairs, children can be affected, even more than adults, by polluted air. They breathe faster, inhale more air per unit of body weight and are closer to the ground, where the concentrations of pollutants are higher.
In addition to health risks, the air flow restrictions are likely increasing already high utility bills.
EnviroTech Indoor Air Quality, founded in Rochester, NY in 1991.